Saturday, December 19, 2009

ADHD: One week

Well, it's been over a week now, and I feel just amazed by what has transpired.

He's been doing swimmingly on the Focalin. He went one day where he didn't eat much dinner and said his stomach hurt. For the most part, he still eat voraciously, and he hasn't complained of any symptoms and his sleep is unaffected.

I'm not touting this as a cureall. He's still having his moments at school. Between the conversations with his teacher and I every day after school, it sounds like it wears off towards the end of the afternoon, earlier than the pediatrician had said. Given though, it was the week prior to the holiday break, so the next two weeks at home we'll see how it goes. He still is unorganized when it comes things. I saw a recommendation for a site http://www.additudemag.com/ Wow, a lot of the reads have just been informative and a lot of things I never thought of really clicked.

So, it's working. I don't know about the whole dosages, right medication, etc. I really hope we're the lucky ones and this is all he needs, no problems.

He went all week pretty well behaved and we know he was trying especially with it being the excitment of Christmas. The hubster and he went out to see Avatar, which he was just in love with in 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment