Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WWII in HD

This is a 5 night event, 2 hours each night. AMAZING.

Mind you, this isn't the warm hearted happy go lucky series, so be forewarned. However, I feel strongly it's something I must see. Seeing the videos, hearing the stories. It sucked me in. It gets me choked up thinking about so much of this, but just the scale of it all, just amazes me. I really highly recommend it if you get a chance of it. It's narrated by Gary Sinise and has several other famous people narrating as well.

There some descriptions, some picutres, some videos that makes me clench my teeth and wish I could turn away, but I feel it gives a realness. I am not one of those war buffs, I don't play war games based off real wars. This is just amazing though.

If for the very least, it strengthens my resolve that we must not let this happen again. We must be stronger than that. I truly want to believe that in my heart of hearts, but human nature sometimes is just too ugly. Still, I just never tire of hearing each man and woman's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment